Level 7 in TESOL LEB-TQUK & Master of Arts in TESOL of Horizons UniversityReceived 2 Master's degrees with TESOL Level 7 of TQUK and MA in TESOL from Horizons University, France
The Master of Arts in TESOL program is a dual degree program combining the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in TESOL of TQUK UK and the Master of Art in TESOL from HU Paris University with 2 phases to provide students with the knowledge and ability to teach in English.
This is not an educational management-oriented program but a TESOL-specialized Master’s program; therefore, the subjects do not focus on planning and managing in the education sector, but specializes in fostering classroom specialists or retraining the legacy English class.
The program is implemented according to the model of studying abroad for working and busy people in Vietnam, with international study experience that not affecting their current work.
Received 2 Master’s degrees with TESOL Level 7 of TQUK and MA in TESOL from Horizons University, France
The program also provides classroom knowledge and skills to teach English in an international educational environment, equips the modern skills such as the application of technology in teaching, advanced training models, and pedagogical psychology.
The program has been designed with practicality in mind to meet the severe shortage of English language professors. After graduation, students can immediately study to TESOL Doctor or Doctor of English language theory.
Qualification after graduation:
- Understand the essence of the English language.
- Understand the required competency of an English teacher
- Understand the necessary techniques of an English teacher
- Understand learners and selves (teachers)
- Know how to design lectures
- Know how to plan the teaching process
- Know how to interact with students in different learning environments
- Understanding Linguistics
- Having skills and teaching methods.
The distinctions in the program
- Master of Art in the TESOL program is a combination of practical English teaching competencies in the Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma and the Intensive TESOL research (MA in TESOL)
The distinctions in the training mode
- TESOL Master Program of HU Paris is executed by the model of studying abroad for busy people that do not affect the work yet guarantees the study experience of international students. Students can take advantage of the current working environment to apply what they have learned into work and thesis research right in the workplace.
The distinctions in qualifications, accreditation, and recognition.
Receive 2 full-time degrees from LEB-TQUK UK Level 7 in TESOL and Master of Art in TESOL from Horizons University Paris, France
The distinctions in the support system
The English and Academic support system applied to the MA in TESOL program includes:
Period of specialized subjects learning:
- Arranging learning activities at Asian campuses (Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand) with 3-star facilities or above.
Period of research method learning:
- Arranging experts on research methods, data processing with foreign lecturers from HU Paris to help students understand deeply about research methods, analytical, and statistical techniques.
Period of research and writing Master thesis:
Arrange Vietnamese instructors to accompany international instructors throughout the time of making thesis.
- Conduct research workshops.
- Organize thesis defense rehearsals before the official defense.
- English test and duplication of the thesis before the submission.
The distinctions in the tuition fee:
- Apply tuition fees for Asian students
- Support loan with 100% interest paid by local partners.
Module 1: Second Language Learning and Acquisition
- Topic 1 – Background to Second Language Acquisition Topic 2 – Goals of Language Teaching
- Topic 3 – General Models of Second Language Learning Topic 4 – Social Aspects of Second Language Learning
- Topic 5 – Psychological Aspects of Second Language Learning Topic 6 – Linguistic Aspects of Language
- Topic 7 – Second Language User and Native Speaker
- Topic 8 – Learning Different Types of Grammar Topic 9 – Learning Vocabulary
- Topic 10 – Acquiring Pronunciation Topic 11 – Acquiring Writing Style
- Topic 12 – Individual Differences in Second Language Acquisition
Module 2: Teaching Reading and Writing
- Topic 1 – The Nature of Reading Topic 2 – Models of Reading
- Topic 3 – Reading and the Second Language Reader
- Topic 4 – Social Contexts and Motivation to Read Topic 5 – Individual Student Variation
- Topic 6 – Reading and Vocabulary Development Topic 7 – Strategic and Fluent Reader
- Topic 8 – Extensive and Intensive Reading
- Topic 9 – Theoretical Orientations to Second Language Writing Topic 10 – Learning to Write in the Second Language
- Topic 11 – Writing Process
- Topic 12 – Response, Error Correction and Grading Topic 13 – Second Language Writing and Culture Topic 14 – Writer’s Workshop Approach
Module 3: Teaching Listening and Speaking
- Topic 1 – Listening as Comprehension & Listening as Acquisition Topic 2 – Cyclical Approach in Teaching Listening
- Topic 3 – Principles of Developing Listening Activities Topic 4 – Types of Meaning for Listening
- Topic 5 – Examples of Listening Activities
- Topic 6 – Learning Styles and Listening Strategies Topic 7 – Functions of Speaking
- Topic 8 – Talk as Interaction, Transaction and Performance Topic 9 – Types of Speaking Activities
- Topic 10 – Assessment of Speaking
- Topic 11 – Teaching Pronunciation in a Second or Foreign Language Topic 12 – Speaking and Listening Fluency
Module 4: Digital Technology and Materials Development
- Topic 1 – Theories Underlying Use of Technology in Language Learning Topic 2 – Teaching Listening and Technology
- Topic 3 – Reading and Technology Topic 4 – Listening and Technology Topic 5 – Speaking and Technology Topic 6 – Writing and Technology
- Topic 7 – Computer Assisted Language Learning Topic 8 – Visual Learning
- Topic 9 – Language Games
- Topic 10 – Materials Development
- Topic 11 – Social Media and Language Learning Topic 12 – Apps and Language Learning
Module 5: Language Assessment and Testing
- Topic 1 – Role and Purpose of Testing and Evaluation Topic 2 – Principles of Test and Measurement
- Topic 3 – Limitation of Tests
- Topic 4 – Basic Statistics and Measurement Topic 5 – Reliability of Tests
- Topic 6 – Validity of Tests Topic 7 – Item Analysis
- Topic 8 – Different Formats of Assessment Topic 9 – Objective Language Tests
- Topic 10 – Subjective Language Tests Topic 11 – Technology in Assessment Topic 12 – Authentic Assessment
Module 6: Research Methods in Second Language Learning
- Topic 1 – Research in Teaching and Learning Second Language Topic 2 – Identification of a Research Problem
- Topic 3 – Quantitative and Qualitative Research Topic 4 – Research Problem and Research Hypothesis Topic 5 – Review of Related Literature
- Topic 6 – Sampling
- Topic 7 – Experimental Research Topic 8 – Survey
- Topic 9 – Interview, Observation and Document Analysis Topic 10 – Analysis of Quantitative Data
- Topic 11 – Qualitative Data Analysis Topic 12 – Writing the Research Report
Tuition fees for Vietnamese students
|Registration fee: 200 USD||200 USD|
|MA in International Education Horizon University, Paris||6,900 USD|
|Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership and Management (“PGDELM”) TQUK||Included|
|English support: 1000 USD||Supported|
|Round-trip ticket support for overseas study: 1000 USD||Supported|
|Support hotels from 3 stars or above for overseas study: 1000 USD||Supported|
|Research support: 500 USD||Supported|
Detailed payment schedule:
- Registration fee: 200 USD pay immediately upon application..
- First installment: 2,500 USD 1 month before enrollment
- Second installment: 2,500 USD 3 months after the first installment
- Third installment: 1,900 USD 3 months after the second installment
- Fees include English language support and research.
- Fees include round-trip airfare.
- Fees include 3 star hotels or above.
- Fees do not include the graduation fee.
Support study loan with 0% interest
- The MBA Institute, a scientific partner of HU Paris, LEB-TQUK, coordinates with banks in Vietnam to support the application for study loans.
- The MBA Institute supports students with 100% of the interest rate for study loans.
- Records are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and disbursed once before admission
Conditions for participation:
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English or a discipline related to teaching.
- If you do not graduate from English pedagogy, your English needs at least B2 or more or equivalent.
In addition to the Horizons University’s MA in TESOL degree, students also receive a Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in TESOL of TQUK.
TQUK (Training Qualification UK) is an organization accredited and recognized by Ofqual UK. With the MA in TESOL program, in addition to the formal degree awarded by Horizons University, students will also receive a Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in TESOL from TQUK with assessment and examination of the London Examination Board.
The meaning of Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma
In the UK and Europe, the practical training system is designed according to Level, in which Level 7 as Master. The Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma is recognized as a Master not only in the UK but also in Europe, Australia, Asia, South Africa, and some American industry associations.
About Horizons University, Republic of France
Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research, Republic of France under licenses: 0451674A
- The Paris Department of Education manages and trains experts in Paris according to the registration number 11752996775
- Accredited by ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs) specializing in Pedagogical training and Education. ACBSP is the world’s leading accreditation system for management programs, recognized by the US CHEA. ACBSP only accredits fully licensed universities.
- ECBE accreditation (European Council for Business Education) accreditation is the prestigious European accreditation system for Management training, specializing in accreditation for European undergraduate and graduate programs for traditional training systems.
- EADL accreditation (European Association for Distance Learning): A testing system for prestigious European online training model.
- UK ASIC Accreditation: ASIC is an independent accrediting organization recognized by the UK government (UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) – a unit of the UK Department of Home Affairs). ASIC is accredited by the US CHEA, and HU Paris passes the highest level accreditation from ASIC
- ATHE Accreditation (Association for Transnational Higher Education Accreditation): is a quality assurance organization for inter-national higher education, assisting programs in compliance with European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR) standards.
- Federation for Education in Europe (FEDE) is a non-governmental organization that has been working for more than 50 years to ensure the quality of career-oriented training programs in Europe.
The French Republic and Vietnam have signed an “Administrative Agreement between the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam and the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research of French on the recognition of training processes and diploma,” available since 2004, re-signed in 2016 (effective until now) and expected to re-sign in June 2019.